Blog Archive

Sunday, September 19, 2010

hOW TO CREATE SPACE

I jokingly ended the last blog with I’d sell a copy or two at my alma mater’s celebration next weekend. That was a foolish statement since I don’t even have one copy of it. From the reaction apparently I have more followers than the brave three who admit to it. Let me clear up that misleading myth done in humor. I HAD one copy but gave that as a gift to a special friend of long ago who was the most supportive… of several dear supporters, in May. If bookstores request copies I ship to them from Createspace (where they’re even located I know not) because I don’t have space in my tiny condo to keep a store of them. Thus the name Createspace.
Am putting out 3 CDs. I actually recently took a college class on doing professional voice-overs. Besides, I’ve been doing radio since I was able to reach a microphone first at a class performace on WTOC and later on the other of Savannah's only two stations (at that time) located in the basement of an old Savannah house on Lafayette Square. (It is the most humble spot on that prestigious Square shared by the Andrew Lowe House, The Catholic Cathedral of St. John, The Lafayette and the Turner House.) Then I was a volunteer radio reader to the blind over a public radio station maintained for that purpose. The first CD is of the prologue plus the original Savannah Spell. Actually have already completed it. The second will be Mirror My Soul as it appears in the completed Trilogy and the third will be the original third portion which will include all the cuts that I so hated to make for the sake of brevity.Will keep you posted on how that’s going.