Blog Archive

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mending more than clothes

Busy week. Had a lovely lunch at the Crowne Plaza with two out-of-town friends/ readers. The only down side was that I unknowingly mentioned their direct ancestor unfavorably, but factually, in the last of the trilogy. Dreadfully awkward but they seemed all right with it. And I would never have known, nor would anyone else, if they hadn’t brought it to my attention. The best I can say is at least it shows that they are of earliest stock among our nation’s builders. They already knew the fact that Savannah Spell to Yorktown revealed and even added another unpleasantness to it.
Celebrated a significant birthday later in the week. After my wish, blew out all the many candles in an easy breath, impressing my son with my lung capacity. Was treated by hearing from far-flung family and friends through cards and Emails.
Filled the in-between time with, among other things, mending. I cling to my old clothes tenaciously as they were mostly made in the USA and quality is evident. Whatever happened to the Villager brand anyway? Just went to verify that fact by checking the labels and since they don’t even have where they were made I assume. Which means they’re older than the labeling law or were made illegally?
Bought a storage “wardrobe” for my artwork and now it’s all neatly protected out of sight (something is askance in the fact that that gives me satisfaction.) Am touching up other paintings that I’ll hang soon.
Autumn is whispering which means cooler weather. The down side to that, other than COLD weather which will follow, is that summer’s leaves will desert. My front door appears to face a vast forest in summer with pine, willow, ash and every imaginable tree species. Without leaves, the farce is revealed and my view is of asphalt and neighboring gatehouse thirty feet away. The pines are evergreen but in Georgia the green needles are so high up only heaven benefits.
Grandson made the entire week without needing a ride.