Blog Archive

Thursday, November 15, 2012

New EBOOK!

I just sent the following to close friends:I HAVE JUST PUBLISHED MY FIRST KINDLE, MY FIRST HISTORICAL NON-FICTION AT AMAZON. IT WAS NOT AS MUCH FUN AS DOING FICTION BUT i AM PROUD TO HAVE COMPLETED IT.ONLY 70 PAGES LONG BUT BE WARNED IT IS BORING FOR ANYONE WHO IS NOT A HISTORY NUT LIKE MYSELF SO DON'T RUSH TO BUY IT. KEPT ME PREOCCUPIED FOR SEVERAL YEARS BUT AT LAST IT IS OFF MY TO-DO/ BUCKET LIST. SOMETHING I'VE FELT DRIVEN TO DO SINCE MY MOTHER TOOK ME TO SEE "FOREVER AMBER" IN 5TH GRADE (THOSE OF YOU WHO KNEW HER CAN APPRECIATE HER HUMOROUS INAPPROPRIATENESS). IF DESPITE MY WARNING YOU'RE INTERESTED YOU NEED NOT BY A KINDLE TO READ IT. JUST DOWNLOAD THE FREE APP FOR PCs, PHONES, ETC. FROM THEIR WEB PAGE. OH AND THE TITLE IS "BROWN, BEAUTIFUL AND BOLD" BY BRAT MAC ALL. In caps for those like myself who can't appreciate small print.

Unfortunately that leaves me with nothing but unpleasant tasks like tailoring some living room curtains, vacuuming, cleaning the wooden floors and, when I'm hungry enough ('bout once a day), cooking. Brought my lime tree inside for the winter. Actually my youngest grandson did. I was impressed with his strength. Any readers still with me will remember I planted the lime tree from one nicked seed. It is now about seven feet tall. Bloomed timidly last spring/ summer so it should bear fruit next summer. The tree has thorns as big as my thumb but no matter. I only learned it was truly a lime tree when I saw some for sale last year in a local nursery. Until then I wasn't sure I wasn't merely obsessively tending a piece of pollen that fell off a bird wing onto my seedling pot.