Blog Archive

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fluries Plus 10 Days

Ten days since our last snow flurries and we’re into summer complete with June bugs. Two days of 89+ degrees. Started my Spring cleaning but with no Spring this year guess it only counts as cleaning and am I glad! Doesn’t have to be as thorough. I’ve already done more than I managed all winter so I quit.
Other domestic news: I bought this condo because it was one of the few non-gated ones. I hate gates. Besides the stigma of them there is the hassle of keeping up with the pass, code or whatever. Soon though I’ll be in a “gated community”. The only good part is that at least I’m not moving. They’re adding fences and a gate. Wonder how long before I’ll have to spend the night elsewhere because I can’t find my pass key or remember the code. Much like the time when I was living in a motel while shopping for a place to buy. Even though l was a registered guest with the understanding that I would be there indefinitely, when my bill was due and it slipped my “mind”, my plastic, credit-card-type “key” didn’t work when I came in one night weary from fencing lessons. I had to find another sleep place that night since the office was closed. Never forgot again.