Blog Archive

Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Is Back

Spring returned so I’m back to the cleaning chores. As welcome as it is it probably won’t last. Never does in the South. Just enough to thoroughly cover everything in pollen. Planted a couple of window/fence boxes with poppy, snapdragon and nasturtium seeds. Probably should have saved the poppy seeds to put on baked bread because they never germinate. And keep buying organic limes for the seed to try to sprout a lime tree but the first one only had one seed. Cut through that when I cut the lime.
Exciting notice that my galley hard copy (the completed book) was ready and being prepared to mail to me for one last read and chance to make final corrections. Not sure I can stand to read it yet again. If I do am thinking of merely making an ERRATA and letting it go on to press.
It’s Spring Break so my Georgia half of family has gone to visit their New Orleans half, leaving me with one day of dog duty. My older grandson who hasn’t been out of school long enough to get work-time off is handling the other dog duty.
My $15 bargain book arrived earlier than promised. Amazingly it was in English since I had a vision of it being in Arabic or Chinese at that price. A bit difficult to read since it has a lot of genealogy and controversy in it but I’m enjoying the challenge. Will probably require two readings which I seldom do. Ah, one of the rewards of age is that repetition is sometimes like totally new. Think that is when you’re on the flat part of the learning curve!!