Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

AND "THEY" PROMISE MORE SNOW TOMORROW

Our third significant snow of the year with prolonged subfreezing temps gave lots of time to ponder. Had more blog thoughts than energy to commit them to site. Most resulted from to much TV time.My first thought was to comment on the new N word which is the O word. Being Southern I don’t like to needlessly offend anyone so Political Correctness hasn’t particularly changed my speech habits… except PC seems a pretty un-American practice. However, PC has left “them” with no one to be humorous about... except old people! And boy do “they” ever heap insult on top of insults on the O word, old. And it isn’t even very humorous. I get more original and humorous material from Seniors being self- deprecating via Emails. I thought “they” wore themselves out on the subject on poor McCain during the last presidential race but they merely shifted to Larry King et al.One of my favorites, Craig Ferguson, brought up an interesting question: We know when the Age of Enlightenment and Reformation began but when did it end? I could write 500 pages on that but will merely suggest: apparently recently.
I put quotes around the third person plural because a big and humorous question with definite implication in the 60-70 era was: Who are they? I’m thinking it may be time to revisit that old question. Oh no! I’m the O word!